The mission of the Institute is to advance the practice and science of marine engineering and technology in Canada.
To provide a platform for peer and corporate networking and development for those working in marine engineering and marine technology industries in Canada.
- To prescribe standards and prerequisites of knowledge and experience for election to membership in the Institute.
- To enable marine engineers and marine technologists to meet and correspond. To facilitate the interchange of ideas through the publication and circulation of pertinent technical information.
- To engage with kindred professional associations.
- To foster relationships with the marine education/training establishments and others in the furtherance of the science and practice of marine engineering.
- To liaise with other agencies in the improvement of existing and the development of new regulations relating to the marine industry.
- To do any such lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the above objectives.