Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC)
Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when a marine oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public. As a steward of the environment, we have a very important role to play in the protection of our coastal waters.
WCMRC is currently undergoing organizational growth and as a result, we are seeking 2 Full Time Spill Response Technicians – Electrical Technicians to join our team, based in Burnaby and Nanaimo, BC. This position will be particularly appealing to an individual who enjoys the fast pace associated with a dynamic, growing organization.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Spill Response Technician – Electrical Technician will:
- Maintain electrical, electronic and electromechanical systems. These include performing Preventative Maintenance Work Orders, diagnostics, and repair.
- Systems support include the following:
- Radio, communications, power generation, power distribution, navigation, lighting, HVAC, motors, motor drives, NMEA 2000, instrumentation, and controls.
- Diagnose and repair may range from system to board level.
- Oversee contracted electrical services for quality and cost efficiency.
- Follow up on warranty work including vendor interface.
- Develop, maintain, and share technical knowledge of assets to technical team.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of technical documentation and procedures.
To be successful in this role you will have a post-secondary diploma in an Electronic trade, a CTech, AScT or Red Seal certification. You will also bring a minimum 3 years’ experience as an electrical technician role. Experience working with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and marine electronics are considered assets. You will need to be a collaborative, professional team player who is able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and manage changing and shifting priorities. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and solid computer skills in MS Office applications.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust and integrity in all our business practices. We believe in success through competency, creativity and teamwork. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume.
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com
Check out his video : https://youtu.be/nUP3jV7ICVQ